Holly S. Miller
- B.A., Pennsylvania State University, 2000
- M.A., Arcadia University, 2003
- J.D., Widener University School of Law 2006; Editor-in-Chief, Widener Law Review, 2005-2006; Outstanding Service Award, 2006
- New Jersey
- Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Middle District of Pennsylvania
- District of New Jersey
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
Holly S. Miller is an attorney in the firm's Philadelphia office. Holly concentrates her practice in the areas of commercial bankruptcy and commercial litigation.
Holly represents Chapter 7 Panel Trustees in the United States Bankruptcy Court in the Eastern District of Pennsylvania and handles bankruptcy matters for debtors and creditors in the Eastern and Middle Districts of Pennsylvania and the District of New Jersey.
Holly has extensive experience representing Chapter 7 and 11 debtors and financial institutions and judgment creditors in Chapter 7, 11 and 13 matters. Holly has also represented commercial and corporate clients in contract and construction disputes, transportation law disputes, mortgage foreclosure and ejectment actions, indemnification matters and judgment enforcement matters in both state and federal courts in Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
After completing law school, Holly served as a law clerk to the Honorable Jeffrey L. Finley in the Bucks County Court of Common Pleas. Prior to entering private practice, Holly served as an Assistant District Attorney at the Bucks County District Attorney's Office where she was assigned to the Special Victims Unit, tried cases to verdict before both judge and jury and prosecuted appeals before both the Pennsylvania Superior and Supreme Courts.
Holly was recognized as a Super Lawyers® Rising Star in 2015 and 2016; a designation only given to the top 2.5% of attorneys working in the Commonwealth who are 40 years old or younger or have been practicing for less than 10 years.
Chapter 7 Panel Trustees in the administration and liquidation of assets of bankruptcy estates in the United States Bankruptcy Court in the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
Chapter 11 debtors, in Pennsylvania and New Jersey; lead debtors' counsel in confirmation of plans of reorganization of B2 Salon, LLC, Lexxa, Inc. and Bernard's of Marlton, LLC, in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of New Jersey
Financial institutions and judgment creditors in chapter 7, 11 and 13 proceedings in Pennsylvania and New Jersey
Plaintiffs and defendants in preference and other avoidance actions
Out of court workouts for both debtor and creditor
Commercial real estate owners/developers
- Contract disputes
- Ejectment actions
- Indemnification matters
- Judgment enforcement matters
- Transportation law disputes
- Education Co-Chair, Member, Eastern District of Pennsylvania Bankruptcy Conference
- Board Member, Event Chair, Greater Philadelphia Network, International Women's Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation
- Volunteer, Military Assistance Project
- Equitable Mootness – A highlight of the Third Circuit’s recent decisions, Eastern District of Pennsylvania Bankruptcy Conference, November 2015
- “Domestic Partner’ Not “Spouse” Under Bankruptcy Code,” Legal Intelligencer, November 23, 2015